EARTH DAY FOR THE OCEANS – AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
Oceanic Global was the non-profit and production partner to the United Nations World Oceans Day event on June 8th, 2020. In that spirit, we launched an Earth Day for the Oceans campaign to start building momentum on the road to UN World Oceans Day! We also believe that every day should be Earth Day & World Oceans Day to celebrate our ocean & planet.
#5R CHALLENGE – ACTION CAMPAIGN
Oceanic Global and EcoResolution partnered up to create the #5RCHALLENGE to empower people across the world to embrace the 5Rs of responsible consumption in honor of the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day! The #5RCHALLENGE inspires people to share how they creatively Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Rot and Recycle as part of their daily lives. Join us and share with your community how you are practicing the 5R’s of sustainability in your own life! Tag #5RCHALLENGE and @Oceanic.Global @MyEcoResolution.
EARTH DAY 50 VIRTUAL KICK-OFF
Sunday, April 19th
6:00PM – 10:00PM (EDT)
- OG Founder, Lea d’Auriol, joined Valentino Vettori (Founder, Arcadia Earth) in a fireside chat about interdisciplinary collaboration between the scientific community and creative storytellers as a model to capture mass attention on environmental conservation
- OG also had a virtual booth on the Whova platform for the event
ARTS x SDG FESTIVAL
Monday, April 20th
10:00AM – 4:00PM (EDT)
- OG London Hub member, Octavia Calthorpe, began the day with a breathwork session
- OG Founder, Lea d’Auriol, was featured on an “Environmental Storytelling” panel with Arcadia Earth and Wild Immersion
- OG Program Director, Cassia Patel, moderated a panel “The Music Industry in Harmony with Our Planet” with panelists from REVERB and Battery Tour
LOVE YOU: DEEP DIVE SERIES
Every Tuesday at 11am EST/ 5pm CET
IG TV @love_you_land
Our series featured experts highlighting a range of topics from at-home ocean activism, zero waste to sustainable practices. OG Ambassador, Ely Merino, shared “Thoughts of an Ocean Activist” on April 21st, and Corinne Rivera joined us on April 28th to lead a workshop on how to start your own home compost.
ART FOR IMPACT: ECO-ART SKETCH BATTLE
Wednesday, April 22nd
5:00PM – 6:00PM (EDT)
Oceanic Global and Arcadia Earth called all sketch artists to join us for an ocean-themed Art for Impact live sketching battle to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day. The winning submission was made into an Arcadia Earth AR trigger, which can be activated using the Arcadia Earth App (on the App Store).
EARTH LOVE FEST
Thursday, April 24th
12:00 – 4:00PM (EDT)
- OG Program Director, Cassia Patel, moderated an “Ocean Exploration” panel with renowned explorers, Amos Nachoum, Roie Galitz & Gaelin Rosenwaks
- OG team-member, Del Coyle, led a workshop on “Repurposing Food Scraps”
- Christine Cobb (UrbisEco) led a workshop on “Eco-Hacks for a Sustainable & Healthy Quarantine Home”
- Nicole Ashley (UPNYC) led a workshop on “How to Make Your Own DIY Mask”
- Cassia interviewed Deia Schlosberg, Director & Producer of “The Story of Plastic” in a fireside chat
- Cassia moderated a fireside chat between Valentino Vettori (Founder, Arcadia Earth) and DJ Spooky about “Climate Change & Artivism”
CONSERVATION X LABS VIRTUAL IDEATHON
Saturday, April 25th
12:00 – 7:00PM (EDT)
Oceanic Global Program Director, Cassia Patel, participated as an Expert Mentor in the ConservationX Labs Virtual Ideathon focused on behavior change. The focus of this Ideathon is on using behavior change tactics to create tools and products that will address a conservation problem or extinction driver. Partcipants can submit directly to the Con X Tech Prize for $3,500 in funding to prototype a real-world version of that idea – and one Grand Prize Winner will win $20,000.